12 Hills takes us over 12 hills through beautiful villages in Bali.
This beautiful landscape with tropical forests and the outrageous gardened terraces, provide a different experience of the island.
Our ride today starts with the stunning backdrop of
Mount Batu Karu. After conquering a few hills we ride through the breathtaking Jatiluwih Valley to explore the stunning rice terraces that recently won UNESCO World Heritage List designation.
This cultural landscape, known as Subak, is a manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy, which brings together the spiritual, human and natural realms.
After a lunch break, we are back in the saddle, as we roll through beautiful landscapes of tropical jungle, green valleys and traditional Balinese villages.
At a village on our way we pull over at a traditional
compound to experience the renowned Balinese hospitality and unique aspects of traditional Balinese life.
We end our trip at the natural wellness center, where the bodies get soaked in a therapeutically relaxing and rejuvenating mineral bath, the hot water bubbling up from deep within the Earth.
If you find it too hot, the cooling spring water is an option.
Whatever you choose, refreshing coconut water is served by the river bank.
Yes, it is our most physically challenging ride, but contrary to the saying, THESE uphill battles will only offer you some thrilling uphill pedalling with even more rewarding downhills as we embark on a full adventure day on the magical island of Bali
Acticvity Level: MODERATE
Required Finess Level
Requires a spirit of adventure, good health and a reasonable level of fitness.
Ideal for occasional cyclists, or as a more relaxed trip for riders whose fitness level is higher.
On all our cycling trips a support vehicle accompanies the riders.
Any time you’d like to be transferred rather than ride the support van is always nearby.
With this high level of vehicle support you can confidently book a particular activity level knowing that there is back-up should you get tired.
Attire and what to wear/ bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride. We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thick jumper or jacket for the morning mountain chill.
- Swimming wear
- Change of clothes
Duration: 1 day
Pick up approx:
07.00 – South Bali
08.00 – Ubud area
Total Bike Ride Distance: 33 km
- Approx 1,5 hours to starting-point
- Safety/ equipment talk
- The ride will take approx. 4-4,5 hours
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Back to hotel approx.. 5 -5.30 pm
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
I want to thank you all so much for this incredible day. That makes me realise how much I love this island. I feel really blessed.
Åhhh, I will never forget!!! So beautiful. You are showing is wonderful places that stay in our memories foe ever. I love Mother Bali!