Our tour begins with that we will be picked up at our hotels at dawn in the morning and heading are set against the sacred Batu Karu mountain.
The journey to the starting point of the trail takes about 1,5 hours so you will have some time to go on sleeping in the car and save some energy for the hike.
At Giri Putri we make a toilet-stop. After this toilet-visits will be in nature or squat toilets.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk as our staff set up the stuff for the hike. Water, hike-pole and snack will be offered before we will start the hike.
Now it is time to get ready for an adventurous hike to totally out of the ordinary places, to discover natural and unsoiled spots and hidden waterfalls.
The hike will take you through an exploration of lush green jungle, clove and coffee plantations, finding tropical fruits in their natural habitat, visits to hidden caves and perfect immersion in the exhilarating rush of endless waterfalls.
To end this day, an Pic-Nic lunch is served, where you are on the top of Bali, overlooking the jungle and in a distance you see the ocean crashing in to the shore of north Bali.
The evening we let our bodies rest, get warmer with the open fire and enjoy the mountain freshness
After breakfast we will take us on a ride off the beaten path.
Some uphill pedalling will be immensely rewarded by the views and having us cruising through rice fields and villages on gentle downhills.
After conquering a few hills we ride through the breathtaking Jatiluwih Valley to explore the stunning rice terraces that recently won UNESCO World Heritage List designation.
Being greeted by the farmers, sacred volcanos having our back and meeting the day-to-day Bali life on the slopes of the mountains.
This cultural landscape, known as Subak, is a manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy, which brings together the spiritual, human and natural realms.
After a lunch break, we are back in the saddle, as we roll through beautiful landscapes of tropical jungle, green valleys and traditional Balinese villages.
We bring this day to a close at the therapeutic natural springs of Jatiluwih. Soak your body in cool or hot springs, relax your sore muscles, enjoy a young coconut fresh from the tree and allowing the hot springs do their magic.
Attire and what to bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride.
- We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- Bring a change of cloths
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thick jumper or jacket for the morning mountain chill.
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
160 € / person – Tent
180 € / person – Bungalow
Price based on double occupancy
Minimum: 6 people
Trek Total Distance: 8 km
Estimated time for trek: 3,5 hours
Total Distance: 25 km
Estimated time for cycling: 4 hours
The physical presentation of Samayoga is an integration of Hatha Yoga, Kriyas, Qi gong and heart opening mantras, intuitively taught in a relaxed way, that honors the students and lets them feel comfortable being themselves, the whole way through.
- Approx 1,5 hours to starting-point
- Safety/ equipment talk
- Waterfall trek
- The ride will take approx. 3 hours
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Check in Hotel Enjung Beji
- Dinner with view over lake Beratan
- Sama Yoga
- Hot Springs
- Mountainbike Ride
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Continue Mountainbike
- Back at approx.. 6-6.30 pm
- Full Program
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner according to program
- Snack, Fruit and Water during treks and rides
- All Entrance fess, Guide- fee
- All equipment, cycles, helmets, fees
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Gratitude to guides and staff
If you are wishing to join the trek we expect that you are an enthusiastic recreational or leisure good health and with average fitness!
Optional and easier treks are available as an option.
Please let us know if you have injuries or any other health information you need to share with us.
For the most part the ride is downhill and requires an average fitness level.
There are a few inclines and the occasional challenging hill, so it is best if you are a comfortable rider who can maneuver different terrains.
The few climbs on the ride are optional and can be avoided with transfers.
A support van is always nearby to support you in case you prefer to step off or need a break.
Each day we offer an option to take part of a Sama Yoga Class.
We stretch to the sun and bow to the earth, relaxing our bodies as we are guided through a yoga and meditation session, energising ourselves for the day ahead.
Two days of magic ???????? We couldn’t ask universe for a better way to celebrate our 30 years of marriage.
You have so much to share, about Bali, the filosofy, yoga, life and you really love what you are doing ????
We feel blessed, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Katha & Martin
Jan 2018 I participated in the excursions “rainforest/waterfalls, biking and watertemple and I give them all 5 stars! It was beautiful, thrilling and challinging. And we learnt much about the history, religion, geography and living circumstances in Bali. YATRA tour team were engaged and very very helpful and took care of us in the best way.
Thank you from Eva (68 year young)
The best of the best! Yatra tours is wonderful! Magical… a once in a live time experience. I am so happy to know you and can only highly recommend all tours offered by you.