Price per person:
Half-price for children under 12 years old
Minimum 4 people
2 Days / 1 Night
Leisurely - Moderate
Our tour begins with that we will be picked up at our hotels at dawn in the morning and heading are set against the sacred Batu Karu mountain.
The journey to the starting point of the trail takes about 1,5 hours so you will have some time to go on sleeping in the car and save some energy for the hike.
At Giri Putri we make a toilet-stop. After this toilet-visits will be in nature or squat toilets.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk as our staff set up the stuff for the hike. Water, hike-pole and snack will be offered before we will start the hike.
Now it is time to get ready for an adventurous hike to totally out of the ordinary places, to discover natural and unsoiled spots and hidden waterfalls.
The hike will take you through an exploration of lush green jungle, clove and coffee plantations, finding tropical fruits in their natural habitat, visits to hidden caves and perfect immersion in the exhilarating rush of endless waterfalls.
To end this day, an Pic-Nic lunch is served, where you are on the top of Bali, overlooking the jungle and in a distance you see the ocean crashing in to the shore of north Bali.
The evening we let our bodies rest, get warmer with the open fire and enjoy the mountain freshness
After a night’s rest and an energy filled breakfast we mount our noble steads, aka our bicycles and again our local friends will take us on a ride off the beaten path.
Some uphill pedalling will be immensely rewarded by the views and having us cruising through rice fields and villages on gentle downhills.
After conquering a few hills we ride through the breathtaking Jatiluwih Valley to explore the stunning rice terraces that recently won UNESCO World Heritage List designation.
Being greeted by the farmers, sacred volcanos having our back and meeting the day-to-day Bali life on the slopes of the mountains.
This cultural landscape, known as Subak, is a manifestation of the Tri Hita Karana Philosophy, which brings together the spiritual, human and natural realms.
After a lunch break, we are back in the saddle, as we roll through beautiful landscapes of tropical jungle, green valleys and traditional Balinese villages.
We bring this day to a close at the therapeutic natural springs of Jatiluwih. Soak your body in cool or hot springs, relax your sore muscles, enjoy a young coconut fresh from the tree and allowing the hot springs do their magic.
Price: 180 €
Price based on double occupancy
Single supplement: 50 €
Half-price for children under 12 years old
Minimum: 4 people
All hotel accommodation
Services of local Yatra Tour's guides & support van
Transportation from pick up to drop off
All special events and entrance fees
All meals during the two day activities
Snacks & Fruits during all out door activities
Appropriate ceremonial clothes and offerings to enter sacred areas
DAY by DAY
Trek Total Distance: 8,3 km
The day starts with a healthy organic breakfast at our Giri Putri Mountain cottage.
At the starting point we have a short safety and equipment talk.
The waterfall trek will take approximately 3- 3,5 hours.
We make plenty of stops to swim, ride and relax in the waterfalls.
After a day in water, we will serve you an organic vegetarian lunch with the view over the north coast of Bali.
This afternoon, the choice is yours: either relaxing with a book over looking the sacred lakes, a traditional canoe ride over the misty lakes, another great trek.
At nightfall, head into "down town" Wana Giri for a dinner at one of our favorite restaurant.
Bikeride Total Distance: 25 km
We wake up with the view over the sacred lakes.
After breakfast, we get ready for day two.
We head west, as our bikes stand ready to be mounted.
After a safety brief, we role through the infamous UNESCO protected rice- paddies.
At Jatiluew, we have lunch at the infamous UNESCO protected rice - paddies
The afternoon, we role through the natural beauty of rice-fields, bambu - forrest, local villages and markets.
At the end of the day, we rest in the hot springs or in the chilling river.
This journey is perfect for combining with a overnight at Balia, which is one one Bali's most famous surf spots.
Activity Level: Moderate
If you are wishing to join the trek we expect that you are an enthusiastic recreational or leisure good health and with average fitness!
Optional and easier treks are available as an option.
Please let us know if you have injuries or any other health information you need to share with us.
Activity Level: Moderate
This ride requires an average to high fitness level.
This trip is rated Moderate, meaning it’s appropriate for travellers who enjoy going for a good ride and can handle inclines. The terrain we cover is varied. We’ll enjoy some gently rolling hills, with wonderful downhills and a few climbs which will be a bit more demanding.
The few climbs on the ride are optional and can be avoided with transfers.
A support van is always nearby to support you in case you prefer to step off or need a break.
Day 1 Waterfall trek
- Please wear athletic shoes that can support your feet under uneven terrain and which will help sustain a firm grasp on slippery rocks.
- Wear normal fitness and outdoor clothing.
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- In the jungle you need to have either long trousers or socks that are covering the full length of your legs. The reason is that there are nettles, that can give a itchie sting.
- Bring swim wears and towel
- Bring a change of clothes. Don’t forget with the afternoon mountain chill plus hours by cascading waterfalls, it is really nice to have a warm set of warm cloths after the trek.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thicker jumper or jacket for the morning and afternoon mountain chill.
Day 2 Bike ride
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
Giri Putri MOUNTAIN COTTAGE
After a day in the nature, that special moment when you rest your body, and a well cooked meal is presented.
To make sure you get the best of the best, many of the meals will be prepared by us.
That way we make sure that all our ingrediencies are all organic and not harming either you or Mother Earth.
Many of the vegetables we grow in our own garden.
We also make sure our ingrediencies are purchased from shops that sell organic.
Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special dietary needs
Two days of magic ???????? We couldn’t ask universe for a better way to celebrate our 30 years of marriage.
You have so much to share, about Bali, the filosofy, yoga, life and you really love what you are doing ????
We feel blessed, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Katha & Martin
Jan 2018 I participated in the excursions “rainforest/waterfalls, biking and watertemple and I give them all 5 stars! It was beautiful, thrilling and challinging. And we learnt much about the history, religion, geography and living circumstances in Bali. YATRA tour team were engaged and very very helpful and took care of us in the best way.
Thank you from Eva (68 year young)
The best of the best! Yatra tours is wonderful! Magical… a once in a live time experience. I am so happy to know you and can only highly recommend all tours offered by you.