Two days of discovering the true Bali.
An insight, into ancient Vedic knowledge, that has been passed down through a lineage of wise people.
Opportunities to start new practices ( sadhanas ) for a more harmonic and grounded life-style.
The journey starts from the minute you step on the bus, we slowly leave the business of city behind and as the roads become steeper, the air crisper and the views more and more stunning, we enter into a part of Bali where hidden waterfalls and lush greenness awaits you.
Bus stops seemingly in the middle of a road, and there it is, the entrance to the jungle. With the humble and knowledgeable guidance of Yatra Tours’s local friends we’re taken on a trek on a winding path through trees full of fruit and nuts, coffee beans and avocado. Watch your step, it gets slippery at times and that might be the subtle clues that the waters are near. You hear the waterfalls from a distance, they sing along with the sounds of the jungle and all of a sudden, behind that next rock, the first one appears, and we’re offered a natural cooling shower, hiking upstream for a minute until we see the next one. The hunt for waterfalls has begun, to float by its feet or allow all of its strength to literally soak you.
Your feet get used to the jungle path, the sun is softly peeking through the thick leaves above and while our guide tells you about the benefits of the local fruit he’s showing you, we reach the space where our home cooked, organic lunch buffet is served.
We spend the afternoon resting our legs a bit, at the shores of lake Beratan. Letting this calm lake restore us, this is one of the main water sources for the whole island of Bali. Option to glide through the still waters in canoes. Listen to the sounds of animals that wake up at sunset, telling stories by the fire while darkness falls, watching the fireflies.
After a night’s rest and an energy filled breakfast we are ready for the second day adventure.
First on the program are the hot springs of Angseri. Here we soak our bodies in either cooler waters or the hot springs, letting sore muscles soften and allowing the mountain air to fill our lungs.
Lunch will be served with breathtaking views overlooking the ancient ricefields.
After this it is time to ride! Our starting point is a Balinese compound outside of Desa Tundak. Here we will choose our bikes and take them for a test ride.
Keen cyclists have the option of venturing 2 kilometers off-road through narrow winding jungle paths. Another option is to take the main road to the Banyan Tree where our two paths will meet. From here, together we will cruise the meandering roads, passing through lush rolling hills and mountain terraces, leading to the cool, dark and mysterious Sangeh monkey forest.
Our final destination is the Tirta Taman Mumbul. Huge trees shade an emerald green lake, inhabited by giant koi fish.
The newly developed bathing area features a walled shallow pool with 11 waterspouts guarded by statues of 11 different Hindu gods. People come here to receive a blessing and ritual water cleanse by bathing in the curative and purifying spring waters.
- Approx 1,5 hours to starting-point
- Safety/ equipment talk
- Waterfall trek – 8,3 km
- The trek will take approx. 3 hours
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Check in Hotel
- Free time
- Dinner with view over lake Beratan
- Sama Yoga
- Hot Springs
- Lunch 1 pm
- Mountainbike Ride
- Back to hotel at approx.. 6-6.30 pm
Price: 190 € / person
Price based on double occupancy
Single supplement: 50 €
Half-price for children under 12 years old
Minimum: 4 people
- Full 2 day Program
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner according to program
- Snack, Fruit and Water during treks and rides
- 1 Night Accommodation
- Transportation from pick up to drop off
- All Entrance fess, Guide- fee
- All equipment, cycles, helmets, fees
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Gratitude to guides and staff
If you are wishing to join the trek we expect that you are an enthusiastic recreational or leisure good health and with average fitness!
Optional and easier treks are available as an option.
Please let us know if you have injuries or any other health information you need to share with us.
For the most part the ride is downhill and requires an average fitness level.
There are a few inclines and the occasional challenging hill, so it is best if you are a comfortable rider who can maneuver different terrains.
The few climbs on the ride are optional and can be avoided with transfers.
A support van is always nearby to support you in case you prefer to step off or need a break.
Each day we offer an option to take part of a Sama Yoga Class.
We stretch to the sun and bow to the earth, relaxing our bodies as we are guided through a yoga and meditation session, energising ourselves for the day ahead.
Day 1 - Waterfall trek
- Please wear athletic shoes that can support your feet under uneven terrain and which will help sustain a firm grasp on slippery rocks.
- Wear normal fitness and outdoor clothing.
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- In the jungle you need to have either long trousers or socks that are covering the full length of your legs. The reason is that there are nettles, that can give a itchie sting.
- Bring swim wears and towel
- Bring a change of clothes. Don’t forget with the afternoon mountain chill plus hours by cascading waterfalls, it is really nice to have a warm set of warm cloths after the trek.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thicker jumper or jacket for the morning and afternoon mountain chill.
Day 2 Bikeride
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
Balinese water-blessing ceremony
- Wear t-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders
- If you have you own preferable sarong, you can bring it. If not, we have one for you!
- Bring a change of clothes
- Please be aware that women during menstruation can not enter a Hindu temple
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
My partner and I visited Bali this year. A friend recommended the yatra yours, and boy were we so grateful. All I can say, that was the most profound, spiritual, deep and beautiful experience we have ever had. Witnessing Bali and its raw nature and pure maic was so humbeling.
The team is amazing. Very professional, easygoing and well equipped aln always smiling. Once we come back, we are sure doing it again.
For all of you who are searching to experience pure Bali Spirit, with all of its Sacredness and Beauty, you are at the right place.
With yatra tours you for sure experience the real, auspisious, magical Bali. Guided with so much knowledge, fun and genuine respect for Mama Bali❤️Hiking the lush jungle, baptised in God at the amazing waterfalls, cykeling thru villages and rice fields, spiritual ceremonies at the water temple, delicious picknic… My children (9&7) words: “the best excursions in the world with the loveliest guides”. Thank you Yatra tours for some very deep and loving experiences!
For an opportunity to hike off the beaten track where you feel a part of the local landscape, do the H2o hike with Yatra! You will be well taken care by local knowledgable guides and have an unforgettable experience of the jungle! Deb Muldoon ( Canada)