In Balinese culture- the meeting of two rivers creates a sacred atmosphere,
an auspicious sanctuary for spiritual powers to be re-ignited and the
mind, body, soul to be cleansed.
In India and Hinduism to renounce, to leave everything behind and walk north is one of the highest spiritual pursuits.
This hike starts in the north, you do not have to leave everything behind, just let your feet guide you, your senses to create the memories and the connections to the land and all its inhabitants.
We begin our journey through the sawah (rice fields) with a hundred shades or more of green, shifting with the cycles of the rice planting, growth and harvest.
This northern region of Bali is called Singaraja, translated meaning The Lion King, and even if actual lions are not roaming these fields, the dramatic coastline with its black sand beaches, tinted from the active volcanos nearby could easily be the backdrop of any movie.
Rise your gaze towards the horizon, and you’ll see the blurry lines where the ocean merges with the sky.
Once entering the jungle, we come across the first waterfall of the day, option to let it wash off anything we no longer need, may it be sweat, mud, or limiting beliefs.
With soft feet we guide you along the smoothest path through the greens, telling us stories of the land, the plants, the seen and unseen while lifting branches and leaves out of our way.
Sometimes stop, encourage us to listen, first the sounds all blur together and then, there it is, the distinct song of a certain bird, the frogs mating call, the tunes of the cicadas. Together we decipher the life of the jungle.
The waterfalls come in perfect intervals when we need a bit of a cooling off, all unique set ups, where the water has made way through rocks, stones, trees and found its own dance, its own freedom.
A placewhere water Goddess Danu Resides, leaving you mesmerized by her beauty
In Balinese culture the meeting of two rivers creates a sacred space, where the spiritual power re-ignite and there is no coincidence that our journey’s final destination today is exactly where two rivers merge.
After a day with Grandmother Earth we rest and get well nourished by a home cooked meal at Giri Putri mountain cottage.
Approx 1,5 hours to starting point
At Giri Putri mountain cottage we make a pit-stop.
After this toilet-visits will be in nature or squat toilets.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk as our staff set up the stuff for the hike.
Water, hike-pole and snack will be offered before we will start the hike.
The trek will take approx. 3,5-4 hours
Snack, Fruit, Water will be offered during the ride
During the hike we will walk through different terrains. Some part will be more physical challenging than others
We will hike back to Giri Putri where we will have lunch around 1-1.30 pm
Return to hotel approximately around 4-4:30 pm
Trek Distance : 8,3 km
Terrain : Various types of moderate to difficult terrain,
Lunch: Giri Putri Mountain cottage
In all our waterfallshikes we prepare our food ourselves, which we personally prepare with love and the best ingredients.
A lot of our ingredients are grown in our own gardens. The reason is that we want to serve our guest not only the tastiest food, but also food that is healthy and go in hand to support nature the food is served in nature and as a pick nick.
Trip Grade: Moderate
Hiking experience is not required.
Good health and a certain degree of fitness are required.
Information before you go
- Please wear athletic shoes that can support your feet under uneven terrain and which will help sustain a firm grasp on slippery rocks.
- Normal fitness and outdoor clothing.
- In the jungle you need to have either long trousers or socks that are covering the full length of your legs. The reason is that there are nettles, that can give a itchie sting.
- Bring swim wears and towel
- With the afternoon mountain chill plus hours by cazcading waterfalls, it is really nice to have a warm set of warm cloths after the trek
- Swimwear & Towel
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
The most amazing experience ever! I would like to thank Yatra Tour team for taking us on a tour of a lifetime. You are both wonderful persons who I am grateful to have met. I hope to see you again
“Looking at these majestic waterfalls and swimming in the natural pools in this untouched area took my breath away. There are very few places on earth that are this magical. After the third waterfall I was overwhelmed by a strange unknown feeling. I felt
the heartbeat of mother earth chest. I promised myself to never ever let her down. Hurting the earth is hurting ourselves. At these magical place these words were suddenly obvious and not just simple words to bespoken or understood, but experienced! Thank you for the wonderful experience.
Thank you for a fantastic day, touching and thrilling with spectacular scenery and lovely food, care and warmth.