How to find us
We fondly call the yoga shala“Under the Banyantree”, the big “Avatar-like” tree, that rises above it, gives a special presence and hangs its branches right down over the yoga floor.
It’s situated in Penestanen Kaja, which is a “suburb” to Ubud,situated approximately 10 minutes scooter drive or 35 minutes walk from Ubud center. We’re at the end of Jalan Penestanan Kaja, see map
- From Ubud you drive downhill on the main road, Jalan Raja (Drive away from the Arjuna statue)
- After the Champuan bridge, when the road starts going uphill again you turn a very sharp left.
- Follow this Road for a km or two, past Alchemy cafe , a little up and down and windy.
- After a small uphill when you see a big Banyantree further down you turn right and then right again after 60m (there are small yellow signs towards Sayan).
- Now you’re on our road. Keep going straight for a few hundred meters, when the road turns (in a 4-way crossing) you keep going straight on to a paved road (There s a fruit stand on the right side and you see our Banyantree at the end of the road).
- Drive to the end and park somewhere nearby (the parking rules keep changing so please look out for possible signs on where to park or not, a lot of the time it s ok to park in the garage).
- Walk down the steps under the Banyantree, over the creek and up the steps immediately to the right through a steel gate. It says Vasundhara private home on the gate. To enter the shala follow the mid-path up to the left.
- You can always ask for Cafe Vespa in Penestanen Kaja if you get lost, Vespa is situated close to where the paved road starts where you see our big tree.
- It takes around 10mins to drive from Ubud centre to our place if there s not too much traffic. We wish you a warm welcome!