There is wonderful history and grand myths and legends to be uncovered throughout this beautiful island. One of them concerns the Sacred lakes.
Price per person:
Half-price for children under 12 years old
Minimum 4 people
Leisurely - Moderate
The Sacred Lake Cycling Trek
At the top of the hill on the shore of Lake Buyan, our mountain bikes stand ready for yet another sacred adventure. As the sun peeks over the mountains, its rays striking the temple’s walls, we will take you on a very special ride to a region that has been settled from time immemorial. The trek will follow in the cool shadows of the dormant volcano Mount Lesung, which is now an ancient caldera lake. Entering the jungle you’ll notice along the sides of the winding track the majestic trunks of primordial trees – the early morning mist hanging over the waters enhancing the air of mystery surrounding us. Hidden away down narrow alleys lies another world of holy shrines and temples, protected to this day by the local people, who daily pray in homage to the sacredness of Mother
Duration: One day
Lake Goddesses Bikeride begins with that we will pick you up at preferred location.
We will head towards the sacred Mt Batu Karu.
The journey to the starting point takes about 1hour 30 min, so you will have some time to go on sleeping in the vehicle and save some energy for the hike.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk.
Helmets and gloves will be provided before we take off
The bikeride will take approx. 2,5 3 hours
Snack, Fruit, Water will be offered during the bikeride
Lunch at Giri Putri Mountain Cottage will be served approx 1 pm
Return to hotel approximately around 4.30-3:00 pm
Total Bike Ride Distance: 17 km (mainly off road)
This is custom heading element
If you are wishing to join the Lake Goddess we expect that you are an enthusiastic recreational or leisure cyclist.
Most of the ride will be off road. Some areas you will need to carry you bike through the dense vegetation which can be challenging.
Part of the journey is to paddle with traditional canoes, where you will be handled a paddle to join in.
Along the route we have plenty of rest times scheduled into the program for breaks and snacks.
Required Fitness Level
Cyclist in good health and with average fitness
As we rising 99% off road,
Support van will be accessible at the main road
Attire and what to bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride. We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- Bring a change of cloths
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thick jumper or jacket for the morning mountain chill.
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.