There is wonderful history and grand myths and legends to be uncovered throughout,
This tour will take you far off the beaten track, into the heart of Bali, into its jungle and mountains.
This area has a long, unique and sacred history, and on this ride we will travel between various ancient and significant puras, or temples.
Lake Tamblingan lies in a plateau inside an ancient volcanic caldera. Inside the caldera are several dormant ancient volcanoes and other caldera lakes to the east of Lake Tamblingan: Lake Buyan and Lake Bratan.
Lake Tamblingan is surrounded by many ancient Balinese temples (puras). The many temples surrounding the lake are associated with the ancient Tamblingan civilization. The area is first mentioned in a 10th century copper inscription, and is described as a settlement located on the southern shore of Tamblingan Lake. This copper inscription was discovered in the village of Gobleg, another ancient village located near Munduk. The ancient temple Pura Dalem Tamblingan is still maintained today, located on the southern shore of Lake Tamblingan in what is now the small village of Gubug.
It is not known for certain why but the people from the original Tamblingan village migrated to four different places in the vicinity of the lake, creating the new villages of Munduk, Gobleg, Gesing, and Umejero. The four villages shared the same spiritual belief, that is to maintain the sanctity of the lake, and so temples were established along the lake to honor the gods.
The principle temple, Pura Dalem Tamblingan is located on the eastern shore of the lake. A dalem temple, as in Pura Dalem Tamblingan, is a temple which is associated with death and the passing of things. Dalem temples are traditionally erected at the southern (kelod) end of a Balinese village.
DAY 1 - Waterfall Trek
From first step to last, an abundance of cool water trickling through abundant plantations, cascading down rocky mountains and bubbling up through the ground as fresh spring water.
There are so many watersources and waterfalls, that the moment you surrender into her beauty, let mother earth guide you, the transformation take place.
DAY 2 - Mountain Bike Ride
At the top of the hill on the shore of Lake Buyan, our mountain bikes stand ready for another sacred adventure .
As the sun peeks over the mountains with its rays striking the temple’s walls we take you on a very special ride to a region that has been settled from time immemorial.
The ride will follow in the cool shadows of the dormant volcano Mount Lesung, an ancient caldera lake.
Entering the jungle we notice along the sides of the winding track the majestic trunks of long ago established trees – the early morning mist that hangs over the waters enhancing the air of mystery surrounding us.
Hidden away down narrow tracks we enter another world of holy shrines and temples, protected to this day in homage to the sacredness of Mother Earth.
This ride is rated leisurely, meaning it’s appropriate for riders who enjoy a more gentle ride but can also handle some short climbs and exhilarating descents.
Much of the time we will be riding downhill; occasionally there are places with more challenging inclines and terrains.
There are a few options sections of narrow single track through dense vegetation which are challenging – you can choose a less challenging route, or rest or ride in our support van.
Required Fitness Level
For the most part the ride is downhill and requires an average fitness level.
There are a few inclines and the occasional challenging hill, so it is best if you are a comfortable rider who can maneuver different terrains.
On all our cycling trips a support vehicle accompanies the riders.
Any time you’d like to be transferred rather than ride the support van is always nearby.
With this high level of vehicle support you can confidently book a particular activity level knowing that there is back-up should you get tired.
Also, friends or couples of different fitness levels can still enjoy the same trip.
Along the route we have plenty of rest times scheduled into the program for breaks and snacks.
Attire and what to bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride. We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Bring a change of cloths
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thick jumper or jacket for the morning mountain chill.
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
Price based on double occupancy
Trek Total Distance: 8 km
Estimated time for trek: 3,5 hours
Total Distance: 25 km
Estimated time for cycling: 4 hours
The physical presentation of Samayoga is an integration of Hatha Yoga, Kriyas, Qi gong and heart opening mantras, intuitively taught in a relaxed way, that honors the students and lets them feel comfortable being themselves, the whole way through.
- Approx 1,5 hours to starting-point
- Safety/ equipment talk
- Waterfall trek
- The ride will take approx. 3 hours
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Check in Hotel Enjung Beji
- Dinner with view over lake Beratan
- Sama Yoga
- Mountainbike Ride
- Lunch approx. 1 pm-1.30pm
- Hot Springs
- Back at approx.. 6-6.30 pm
- Full Program
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner according to program
- Snack, Fruit and Water during treks and rides
- All Entrance fess, Guide- fee
- All equipment, cycles, helmets, fees
- In case of rain, we will provide rain-coats
- Gratitude to guides and staff
If you come to BAli, take the opportunity to dive deep into the womb of the island going on a trip with Yatra Tours. They will guide you with a mix of adventure and humbly sharing the knowledge and respect for the island, the culture and the Balinese people. To move in wild nature and also tasting the sacred moments of ceremonies is a full experience through all senses.
I just say – GO!