Join us on the perfect ride for both beginners and experienced riders!
Todayʼs ride heads west to the village of Lalanglinggah, looping through peaceful rice fields and small villages in the soft morning light, travelling along paths which follow the sacred Balian river (Balian meaning shaman or healer in Balinese) as she meanders through the countryside to finally reach the ocean.
With helmets and gloves on we are ready to jump on our bikes and experience village life first-hand; riding hidden trails through the beautiful countryside encountering friendly Balinese whilst cruising gently through their villages we get to appreciate the colour, the serenity and beauty of everyday life out here in rural Bali, where life appears to have hardly changed in generations.
Weʼll be taking regular stops to breathe and appreciate the peace and the surrounding views of lush valleys. Weʼll refuel with cold water and fruits before continuing the ride.
As the ride ends we approach the seashore where the river meets the sea, where the local fishermen bring in their catch and where we can refresh our bodies and minds in the calming and relaxing water.
Just a short pedal away a delicious lunch is spread out for us at Pondok Pitaya; ibeing set on the edge of a natural cliff with a volcanic black sand beach famous for its waves gives us the opportunity to watch the surfers in action.
Duration: One day
River ride bike ride begins with that we will pick you up at preferred location.
We will head west towards the infamous surf-locations in Bali
The journey to the starting point takes about 2 hours so you will have some time to go on sleeping in the vehicle and save some energy for the hike.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk.
Helmets and gloves will be provided before we take off
The bikeride will take approx. 3 hours
Snack, Fruit, Water will be offered during the ride
Lunch by the shore of Balian beach
Return to hotel approximately around 2.30-3:00 pm
Total Bike Ride Distance: 28 km
Level: Gentle – Moderate
The pace is easy and relaxed making for an enjoyable ride
River ride is predominately on flat tracks and small roads- there are not many hills in the area so anyone is a comfortable bike-rider can do this journey.
There are a few sections of narrow single track through dense vegetation
Required Fitness Level
For the most part the ride is downhill and requires an average fitness level.
There are a few inclines and the occasional challenging hill, so you need to be a comfortable rider who can maneuver different terrains.
On all our cycling trips a support vehicle accompanies the riders.
Any time you’d like to be transferred rather than ride the support van is always nearby.
With this high level of vehicle support you can confidently book a particular activity level knowing that there is back-up should you get tired.
This is the perfect ride for friends, families with children or couples of different fitness levels can still enjoy the same trip.
Along the route we have plenty of rest times scheduled into the program for breaks and snacks.
Attire and what to bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride.
- We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- Bring a change of cloths
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
Just theee best day ever !