Join us on the perfect ride for both beginners and experienced riders!
We begin our ride in the tranquil traditional village of Taru, which has the meaning tree in Balinese. This village has ancient roots; when Bali was visited by the Hindu high priest Rsy Markandya he had a mystic revelation in the form of a light emanating from a tree, and it was in that place he built a temple -Pura Gunung Raung – which over time became the centre of Taru village.
We ride through bamboo forest and valleys thick with orange trees, with majestic durian and jackfruit trees lining our path, and make occasional detours to go behind what you would normally see as a visitor to this beautiful island.
As we reach Kukuh village we pass through the UNESCO protected rice terraces, where cultivation of this precious staple has been ongoing for over 5000 years. We stop for a break and to learn about the traditional farming method used here, known as subak.
Along the way, with huge trees providing shade for all, we see devotional shrines to the goddess Dewi Sri, who represents all that is good and beautiful; life, wealth and prosperity.
Approaching Ubud we visit Keliki, the cultural heart of traditional villages, where a unique style of miniature painting has been preserved down through the generations.
Duration: One day
Roots of Taro bike ride begins with that we will pick you up at preferred location.
We will head towards the sacred Batur mountain.
The journey to the starting point takes about 1hour so you will have some time to go on sleeping in the vehicle and save some energy for the hike.
Once at the starting location, we’ll have safety-talk.
Helmets and gloves will be provided before we take off
The bikeride will take approx. 3-3,5 hours
Snack, Fruit, Water will be offered during the ride
Lunch at ARMA cafe will be served approx 1 pm
Return to hotel approximately around 2.30-3:00 pm
Total Bike Ride Distance: 28 km
Level: Gentle – Moderate
The pace is easy and relaxed making for an enjoyable ride
The Root of Taro ride is predominately on flat tracks and small roads- there are not many hills in the area so anyone is a comfortable bike-rider can do this journey.
There are a few sections of narrow single track through dense vegetation
Required Fitness Level
For the most part the ride is downhill and requires an average fitness level.
There are a few inclines and the occasional challenging hill, so you need to be a comfortable rider who can maneuver different terrains.
On all our cycling trips a support vehicle accompanies the riders.
Any time you’d like to be transferred rather than ride the support van is always nearby.
With this high level of vehicle support you can confidently book a particular activity level knowing that there is back-up should you get tired.
This is the perfect ride for friends, families with children or couples of different fitness levels can still enjoy the same trip.
Along the route we have plenty of rest times scheduled into the program for breaks and snacks.
Attire and what to bring:
- Please wear athletic shoes for your ride.
- We strongly recommend you not wear flip flops or sandals without strap
- T-shirt or similar that covers the shoulders. The reason is that we will enter sacred areas.
- Please apply plenty of sunscreen before the ride and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
- Cap that fits under the helmet is a great way to protect the eyes.
- Bring a change of cloths
- You are welcome to bring a camera to document memories of the stunning vistas.
- You may spot something along the way you would like to purchase, so be sure and have some pocket money.
- For your comfort, please also bring a thick jumper or jacket for the morning mountain chill.
- Please inform your guides of any important information that you think can affect the ride (e.g. allergies, previous injuries etc)
- Our guides have long experience. In case of any injury and accident we are equipped with the basic first aid kit.
- In case of a more severe injury, we will transport you to nearest and highly qualified hospital, which will attend to your needs. Please make sure you have your own personal injury/ accident insurance in case any severe accident/ injury would happen to you.
- Please note: The itinerary may vary slightly for your specific tour as we continuously research and develop each trip. Inclement weather may also necessitate minor alterations.
Just theee best day ever !